Saturday, July 23, 2016

Post Surgery 2 weeks







I reached my two week mark and got my stitches out. The Doctor said to wait 24 hours before I get my foot wet. The incision is healing really well. My foot has started to swell a little at night. I have been loosening my boot and bandages at night. Night time is the hardest.  My foot aches and I can't fall asleep until I'm exhausted. The Doctor told me to wrap my big toe to the toe next to it. He is worried that my big toe might separate away from my other toes. The ligaments can loosen and cause separation. Hopefully wrapping it will help.

It has been 2 and a half weeks and I finally washed my foot. It felt great. My little toe next to my big toe seems to be the most painful. It is bruised up the left side of my toe. I have been jumping around on my left foot to get to and from my scooter. I feel like I bruised or injured my left foot. I would recommend wearing a shoe on the other foot. I wish someone would have warned me. It feels like when I injured my other foot. Hopefully it will heal quickly.

I have been letting my foot breath for awhile each day. It goes numb if I leave it in the boot to long.
 So fare so good. I have 3 and a half weeks until I can walk with the boot. I'm excited to be half way next Tuesday. I have had lots of help and I am thankful for how kind everyone has been. This surgery requires lots of help. It isn't easy to be so limited but I am feeling good about my choice. I have been trying to get out of the house when I can but it is exhausting. It is easier to use the crutches but it's harder on my body. The scooter is hard because I can't do stairs.  The goodnews is that time has gone by quickly. I hope the second half of the 6 weeks is just as fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment